what to eat after a workout
after an intense workout, my first thought is ALWAYS I want to eat a sticky bun from Balthazar’s (which is at least a half day’s worth of calories) a moment on the lips a lifetime on the hips. Ok,Ok that’s an exaggeration, so go ahead and have one now and then; moderation is the key. However, here is a list of *better* food choices that are excellent post workout:
- Grilled chicken or turkey with roasted vegetables.
- Egg omelet with avocado spread on toast.
- Salmon with sweet potato.
- Tuna salad sandwich on whole grain bread.
- Oatmeal, whey protein, banana and almonds.
- Cottage cheese and fruits.
- Pita and hummus.
- Rice crackers and peanut butter.
- Whole grain toast and almond butter.
- Cereal and skim milk.
- Greek yogurt, berries and granola.
- Protein shake and banana.
- Quinoa bowl with berries and pecans.
- Multi-grain bread and raw peanuts or almonds